October 31, 2010
Wow! What a month!!
All month I have been wanting to add to my blog. There has been so much on, including turning another year older!
Let’s see if I can remember everything…
- Musical Futures Conference, Melbourne – guest invitation
- ULearn Conference in Christchurch, NZ – presenter and delegate
- ICTEV Early Year Conference – host
- Peer Coaching for the Wyndham Network – facilitator
- ICTEV School Tour – host and presenter
- and just a whole bunch of work and family stuff!
With each event I have been wanting to add a post, reflect on my experiences and add any interesting snippets of information that are worth sharing. With so much on it has been tricky to take the time to reflect, as one event comes to an end planning for the next begins.
I wonder how our students cope with the pace that they have placed upon them? My daughter is in year 11 and each day brings her a new project to hand in, a SAC to complete as well as her after school performing arts school. How do they do it? How do kids of today absorb, process and reflect on their learning and experiences? We certainly expect a lot from our students but wonder if we really do them justice by not giving them the time necessary to be reflective learners.
I will get back to my posts as I give myself the time to process and consider the impacts of these events, as each certainly has been worthwhile.