August 13, 2010
Over the last few months I have been engaged in a DEECD Innovation and Next Practice project with web conferencing – the Virtual Conference Centre.
It’s been a fantastic project to be involved in. The team is small, 10 web leaders in total. We run our own PD series and also train people in using Elluminate.
The best part of the project for me is the PD series that I run - It Takes a Village. My topic is around -
- Learning Culture
- Learning Paradigms
- Learning Spaces
I believe educating our students is a collective responsibility. As educators and leaders in schools we often wonder if we are providing the best possible education for our students.
The presenters I have my for series are
- July 23rd – Steve Collis – Northern Beaches Christian College
- July 30th – Open forum -
- August 13th – Greg Whitby – EO of Schools, Parramatta Diocese
- August 27th – Glenn McMahon – EO Curriculum and Learning Technologies – Sandhurst Diocese
- September 10th – Laurence Robinson from Brand Architects
- October 15th – Teresa Stone – Principal, Derrimut Primary School
There will be more sessions coming up after the school holidays and I will be confirming my guest speakers shortly
It’s been a busy few weeks lately but I aim to reflect on each of the sessions.
Entry Filed under: ICT,pedagogy,Web2.0. Posted in ICT ,pedagogy ,Web2.0 Tags: DEECD, Elluminate, Glenn McMahon, Greg Whitby, Innovation and Next Practice, Laurence Robinson, PD, Stev Collis, web conferencing.